These text will not display in live site if no content is inserted
DO NOT COPY & PASTE CONTENT IN HERE!!! Copied text will NOT display properly
Code of Ethics
- Dress correctly for all games. (See Dress Code)
- Compliment your opponent on a good shot.
- Admit a fluke with grace.
- Stand still when a player is on the mat.
- Do not talk or make a noise behind the mat when a player is about to deliver a bowl.
- Remain behind the mat or behind the head when it is not your turn to play. Always remember that as soon as your bowl has come to rest, possession if the rink passes to your opponent.
- Keep to your own rink. Do not become a wanderer and distract other bowlers. Walk down the centre of your rink when you are changing ends.
- On sunny days be aware of your shadow. Do not let it mask the jack nor permit it to fall in front of the mat when a player is about to bowl.
- Try to avoid obscuring boundary pegs and rink markers.
- Never criticize your opponent, the greens, or your own team members. If you cannot say something positive, don’t say anything at all.
- Pay attention to the game. Nothing can be more frustrating to your teammates than to have them feel that you are not giving your full attention and best efforts to the game by your lack of concentration. Save your socializing until after the game.
- Always appear to be enjoying the game.
- Stand well back from the head when drive shots are about to be played and warn others on adjacent rinks.
- Greet your own team members and opponents at the start of the game and congratulate or compliment them at the end of play. Shaking hands before a match and at its conclusion is part of the fine tradition of the game.
- Learn the Laws of the Game and abide by them.
- Be a gracious winner and a good loser.